Do you have an active outdoor lifestyle and enjoy paddling sports? Are you looking for new places to paddle your canoe or kayak on Norris Lake in TN? Want to experience it in a group setting for making new friends and learning new skills? You are not alone.
A new group is starting up to do just that. It is called “Norris Lake Paddlers” and we are organizing our first half-day paddle right now to kick-off the group. What a perfect time to get involved.
There are so many interesting things to see and experience at Norris Lake from a kayak or canoe. Why limit yourself to your little piece of paradise? Get out and explore! You’ll be surprised at the things you’ll learn just by talking with others.
In addition to having fun and enjoying the out-of-doors with other like-minded folks, our secondary goal is to map out Blueways for others to follow in our wake. Check out EveryTrail.com and share your trips.
When? You Tell Us!
We have set up a poll for you to tell us what dates work best for you. Go to our public Facebook page (Facebook.com/NorrisLakePaddlers) and fill it out so we can choose a time when the most people are available. You’ll be notified of the “winning” date. All you have to do is just show up. (We will always be planning the next group paddle, so check back often and participate in future paddles).
We’ll be closing the polls soon for our first event, so don’t delay. We’d really like you to join us.
Who? Everyone Welcome.
- Anyone from everywhere is welcome to join us on group paddles. We don’t have a membership requirement or regular meetings. Just show up.
- All skill levels welcome.
- All age groups welcome. Many of us are over 50, but don’t let that stop you Gen X-ers, Gen Y-ers and millennials.
- First group event (in April 2014 – TBD) is at Lakeview Boat Dock in Sharps Chapel (all details on our Facebook page)
- Initially concentrating on the Union Co. side of the lake because that is where most of us live, but would love to explore the rest of Norris Lake. Looking for people to organize group paddles there. We’ll come to your group paddles – we promise. Contact me.
Hope to see you there. Let’s get together and make it happen.
Life is an Adventure!